We understand the system and can help you maximize your recovery.
When you suffer a serious injury at work, your life changes in an instant. Your usual routine is replaced with doctor visits, medical treatments, and stress about how to pay for everything including your household bills. If the accident resulted from the negligence by an outside third party, you may have a workers' compensation claim against your employer and a third party claim against the outside at-fault party. This can be tricky and complicated. You should consult an attorney to protect your rights and preserve your claims. Following any accident, you can take a number of steps to strengthen your legal case, including the following:
• Report all injuries at work to your employer immediately and request medical treatment, if needed. Although you must report the injury within 90 days, you have up to two years to file a claim for benefits.
• Write down the names and contact information for all witnesses.
• Save bills, receipts, and records related to your accident.
• Do not agree to any settlement offer before speaking to an attorney.
• Do not skip any medical appointments or fail to follow doctor’s orders, as this non-compliance could be used against you to deny benefits to you.
Get a FREE evaluation!
Tell us more.
Attorney Advertising. This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.